Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Case of the Tuesdays

I swear, I would blog more often if I didn't have to think of a title everytime. Anyway, it's been rainy and not super warm here everyday. I thought one of the ways people tried to justify east coast weather was that you actually get four seasons. Well, spring, summer, and fall have come and gone and it feels like we're headed for another winter. I suppose the same thing can be said for working 3 months of 12 hour days as never getting good weather, you really appreciate what you have when things are good.

I'm having outdoor running withdrawals since it's been a solid five days without it. Anyway, enough complaining. My dad was in town last week, and we went to see Rock of Ages, the new musical-for-people-who-don't-like-musicals on Broadway (now that Spam-a-lot is gone). It was highly entertaining, and possibly worth the price of admission just to drink a tall-boy of Coors Light in a Broadway theater (yes, they walk up and down the aisles selling it). Is it cheesy and over-the-top? Sure. Do I have a problem with that? Absolutely not, and neither should you. Here's a little teaser trailer for it. Anyone who was alive during, in-utero for, or not even a thought yet during the 80's should definitely check this out if you have any sort of appreciation for hair-bands.



Saturday rained, so I spent much of it inside watching Freaks & Geeks, the late-90's sitcom from the Apatow crew (Superbad, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, etc.). It's definitely one I should've watched sooner. I'll almost definitely be adding it to my list of favorite shows when I'm all done watching it. My friend Tom's birthday was Saturday night so I went out with a bunch of people from work that I hadn't seen in a few months (see: 12-hour-days comment above) which was really fun. Sunday was another rainy day, much of which was spent inside again (rain is an excellent excuse to stay inside and watch playoff hockey all day long). I had my own hockey game Sunday night which was a little rough since we only had 7 players. The Subway adventure was even worse after having to play most of the game. Just to get an idea, according to Google maps, the rink is 2.5 miles from my apartment, transportation times are:

Trip time by car: "About 8 minutes"
Trip time by public transit: "About 40 minutes"
Trip time walking: "About 48 minutes"

Anyway, looking forward to being in California this weekend for my cousin's graduation from LMU and for Mothers' Day! In-n-Out on Friday night, more on that later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As soon as I'm done with finals on the 21, I'm coming out to Brooklyn to visit !!!! Put that in your calendar, please.