Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lazy Weekend

When the most productive part of my weekend was finally getting my skates sharpened (I might as well have been roller blading on ice with how dull they were) and picking up Back in Black and Appetite for Destruction on vinyl (thanks to the Virgin going out of business sale), it was a pretty dull weekend. I had all these plans for Saturday - farmers' market, track/park, then off to Connecticut for the Giants' AA minor league affiliate. Let's just say I hit 0-for-3 for the day (insert joke about Giants' offense here). It was a combination of going out and staying out later than I'm capable of (to have a productive next day) Friday night and my friend being sick and not wanting to drive to CT anymore (which was for the best since the game got postponed after 2 innings anyway).

I ended up sleeping most of Saturday away, still catching up from last weekend I guess. I got up to watch the Giants lose to the Mets yet again. Then I went out to the park and ran a few miles, which is finally starting to come easily for me. I ended up staying in on Saturday night and catching up on my Netflix rentals. I watched The Tao of Steve which was a pretty funny movie about one guy's philosophy for picking up girls. It was especially enjoyable because the bar I was at Friday night was a great display of everything that goes against the "Tao of Steve". It was a rooftop bar with some great views, but the crowd was especially "Vegas" I guess. Anyway, check that movie out, it's a short hour-and-a-half comedy.

No comments: